Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Stayed Up All Night Listening To Records



Moviola put out a bunch of records, of which I've got a couple, and this is one of them. Eric's Trip put out a fuckload of records, and I've got a couple of those too, including this one. Not that I don't like this record; actually, it's pretty neat, plus it sums up pretty what I liked best about '90s indie rock (at least judging by my 7" collection): a bunch of people banging out catchy tunes into a lo-fi 4-track recorder, not necessarily influenced by Nirvana or crap like that, more like Sebadoh and Guided By Voices, and probably each other. The Moviola tracks here are choice, especially "Payday", which is poppy while "Don't Spook The Horse" is noisy. I like the nicely schizo Eric's Trip song too, even though the title makes me think of that asshole, Mick Hucknall.




Moviola -

"Payday"

"Don't Spook The Horse"

Eric's Trip -

"Pillow (Red)"





1 comment:

Dave said...

Thank you for posting these Moviola tracks. I've never heard the band before, good stuff.