Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Heard Those Kinds Of Records Are Coming Back In Style



I totally missed out on seeing Bedroom Rehab Corporation last night, walking through the door at Cafe Nine at 9:40 just as Adam was saying "thanks alot guys, Stone Titan are up next". I mean, when has a show at Cafe Nine ever started before ten?? *grumble grumble* Even though I missed Bedroom Rehab, I did score a copy of their new "Red Over Red" CD, which is not only friggin' hot -- I mean, seriously, the recording came out sounding huge and totally amazing -- but EVERYTHING about the CD looks sharp as hell. They really hit a home run with this one, plus it's being pressed to vinyl right now, and that includes a small handful of copies which'll be on clear red vinyl, which is bound to look incredible. I've posted a couple of my favorite tracks from the album down at the bottom of this post, check 'em out and then go pick up a copy for yourself. No doubt the LP will be on my year-end best-of list, you know, the one that nobody reads or anything.

Stone Titan also have a new album coming out soon, on Safety Meeting, called "Scratch n' Sniff" (after Scott's favorite Poison record). Stone Titan pretty much killed it last night, and made it worth the drive down even though they were the only band that I stuck around for. Couldn't hear Scott's vocals much, although I like the songs that the bass player sings better anyway, so that was kind of a bonus. I think this was the first time I've ever seen Stone Titan in a regular room and not in a basement, but they've got the kind of sound that can handle any size room (low and rumbly). Cafe Nine even did some remodeling, replacing the brick wall with all the dartboards and gadgets on it and putting up some wood paneling instead, which might've helped the room sound a little better. It definitely meant less stuff in the background to screw with my camera flash, and we all know how important that is.


Stone Titan -

"I Wish I Was Fucking Dead"



















Bedroom Rehab Corporation, "Basilosaurus"



Bedroom Rehab Corporation "S.S. Hangover (Sobering Sickness)"



No comments: