Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Seem To Get That An Awful Lot



Here's a 7" that I bought a long time ago, mostly because of The Ergs, and I still haven't listened to any of the other bands on it since (except maybe Mazeffect once -- it's amazing how far Doc Hopper's influence goes). Bad bands are influenced by bad bands, good bands are influenced by good bands. When you see a band that took its name from a Groovie Ghoulies song, that's a clue for you to keep on walking. "Saturday Night Crap-O-Rama" later appeared (in a better version) on "DorkRockCorkRod", a record that I love so much I bought it twice. Here you can hear it without the back-masked outro, though. Apparently those are Paul Westerberg's shoes on the cover, which is pretty neat if it's true.




The Ergs -

"Saturday Nite Crap-O-Rama"





No comments: