Friday, April 15, 2011

It Makes No Sense For Me To Even Try



Chinese Millionaires were one of my favorite bands of the whole mid-to-late '90s "retro punk" phase, though this single's been sitting in front of me for a week now and I'm really at a loss to explain why I used to like it so much... not that I still don't think it's a great single, just that I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to run out of adjectives for this type of stuff that aren't some variation of "rok" or "rock n roll" or "rawk"... must've lost my focus along the way, I guess. I suppose this means 15 years from now I'll be wondering what I ever saw in that Brain F≠ single... anyway, some great dinged-up rock n roll here ("rawk") with crappy lyrics: "I'm your Automatic Boy/And everything you love I will destroy/Yeah yeah yeah", which you can either look at as being generic or being true to the form (fake-KBD lyrics aren't supposed to be smart, right?). Like R. Griffin once wrote, "Buy a Crime bootleg, it might cost a bit more but it's the real thing"... except then you'd miss out on the shitty Rip Off Records packaging and the smart remarks on the shiny-side label... man, I wish all my records were this cool.




Chinese Millionaires -

"Heart on a Chain"


No comments: