Saturday, September 17, 2011

We Hate This Fucking Place



I've already written a couple of times about how I used to be really into Freemasonry back in the '90s, which is how I stumbled onto buying this 7" in the first place, since Galanas:.Cerdd is ex-Freemasonry. This is one of the neat little 7"-ers that I was going to review in the last issue of Brushback, except the issue never came out and blah blah blah, you know how that goes. I forget what the Soli Deo Gloria song on the other side sounds like (and I didn't listen to it again here-- I'm pretty sure it's an instrumental), but the Galanas:.Cerdd song is pretty great, sorta like a more amped-up/metal'ed up version of the kind of stuff My Pal God was putting out at the time-- you know, bands like Hurl and Dis- and so forth.

When I first got this 7" in the mail, it came with a fairly long and despondent letter from Chuck, the guy who ran Moodswing Records, talking about how all the bands he was putting out were breaking up and so forth. I'm hoping he doesn't mind me reprinting the letter here, because it's definitely one of the more memorable things I've ever gotten with a record. I'm pretty sure the label situation turned out okay anyway, because Moodswing is still around and you can even still buy this 7" from them (for like a buck-fifty or something).


Galanas:.Cerdd -

"Three Dot Dash"














No comments: