Monday, January 4, 2010

I Can't Understand What You Say

click for enlarged view

GVS put in for some Bad Dream House, so here's their EP from 1992 on Rockville... Bad Dream House featured Nina Kyle-- later of Creature Did and (one of my all-time favorite unknowns) The Squeaky Fromme, now solo-- and also Donn II, at one point, which is sorta fitting because there's some similarities in sound between Bad Dream House and Fudge Daddy-O's (I think), even though Fudge Daddy-O's came along later... so what the fuck was I talking about anyway... Oh, yeah: "He Knows" is a ripper, with enough guitar overkill to give Aldo Nova anxiety (does this sound like metal to you? okay, Blackfoot, maybe). "Savannah" has those familiar Bad Dream House vocals, the ones that sound like two versions of the same song playing at once, synched 5 seconds apart... some pretty hopped-up stuff, to be sure... mine came with a little green Bad Dream House sticker, which I still have (see below). One for the scrapbook, next to the Oscar Gamble card with the big afro.


click for enlarged view

Bad Dream House -

(these files are now listen-only)

"He Knows"

"Savannah"


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view








click for enlarged view

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!

John Howard said...

Another great original D'Bury band.

Brah Wobble said...

Nina and I did an acoustic cover of "Sheer Terror" that was supposed to be on a G.I. tribute (which never happened).

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at that record in years! Thanks!

Brushback said...

Hmmm, a G.I. tribute album... there's something I'd actually want to buy... Hurl covering "Understand" on a My Pal God sampler is one of my favorite tracks of all time...

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.

Unknown said...

Remember the guy that gave you sanctuary at his friend's apartment in Raleigh NC? Yeah...just thinking of you folks. Howdy!