Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Tried To Feed Your Jackal But He Bit My Hand And Ran



If you're looking for another important piece of Connecticut indie music history, look no further head on elsewhere. This here's the second installment of the "Footprints of God" compilation series; the first one, which I posted a year ago, has M.O.T.O. and a pretty good Isolation Farm song, while the second one tails off a bit. I think if you chopped up Purple Eternal and the Deadbeats and put them together in a mixing bowl you'd end up with the Bunnybrains... I have the Deadbeats 7" laying around here somewhere, as well as a live recording, but don't ask me what either one of them sounds like, I have no clue. I'm regretfully leaving off Biker Mutt even though Jim reads this blog because their song reminds me of a Glen Thrasher birthday party that I wasn't invited to. As for Bimbo Shrineheads, don't be fooled by the goofy band name cuz they put up some pretty ace-sounding pedal-happy swirly guitar stuff. In summary, every single person involved with putting out this record deserves to be shot. No wait, that's my Butterflies of Love review. Never mind.




Purple Eternal -

"Johnny Extremity"

Bimbo Shrineheads -

"I Will Die In Willimantic"

Deadbeats -

"Garbage Stew"












10 comments:

Jim H said...

That was actually the exact sound we were going for. Did the title give it away?

Brushback said...

It was the clanging that sounded like a broken toilet that gave it away.

Holly said...

"Garbage Stew" is now stuck in my head ... very disconcerting. Jackals indeed.

Brushback said...

Yeah, it's probably jackals, but it sounded to me like the guy was saying jackles (which is an Irish thing).

Brushback said...

Alright, I gave in to your suggestion.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now inactive.

Anonymous said...

It is jackel. I co-wrote the song with Tom and agreed to let Joe put it on the record for free. Our songs were meant to be a goof. Just fuckin around while we drank beer in Tom's cellar.

Brushback said...

A ha!! Solved.

Well, I guess I'm going to leave the post title the way that it already is now.

Anonymous said...

Did a guy named Kurt do the cover?

Brushback said...

It says the person who drew the "Footprints" logo on the front and back was someone named 'Drain'