Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Things That You Say Don't Mean Anything To Me



I haven't liked this single since the day I bought it, though whatever else Dentists-related that I've come across in the meantime is enough to give me an idea that The Dentists are probably better than your average British C86-styled band (they've got some really funny song titles, for instance). I pulled this out to listen to it again because I think this is what The Twerps are starting to sound like now, and I'm looking forward to seeing The Twerps at the end of next month, but I still don't really like this Dentists single, which means I'm kind of an idiot I guess. You'll note by the blurb on the back cover that this single was released simultaneously with two other records -- with the three of them being called "Speak No Evil", "Hear No Evil", and "See No Evil" -- which is such a cool idea that it's probably already time now for somebody else to rip it off.




The Dentists -

"All Coming Down"

"Outside Your Inside"


3 comments:

Lightning Baltimore said...

Yeah, not one of their better songs. Their first album, Some People Are on the Pitch They Think It's All Over It Is Now, is absolutely brilliant.

For the benefit of those who don't usually read my blog, I posted one of their early songs a while back: "Where's My Chicken, You Bastard?" from the EP that followed the album mentioned above, You and Your Bloody Oranges.

Brushback said...

Yeah, everybody should go read Lightning Baltimore's blog -- plus that other Dentists song he mentioned is pretty good

Holly said...

'Some People...' is indeed most excellent. And "I Can See Your House From Up Here" from 'Bloody Oranges' is a personal fave.

Lightning, I do read yr blog AND I follow you on Twitter. I'm new there (very cautious re social media) but I think I'm cool @hkbabel ;-)