Thursday, June 24, 2010

Must Be I Lost My Head Again



I have a few Crystalized Movements CDs, some Major Stars stuff, and this Magic Hour single, and that's the extent of my knowledge of Ct. native Wayne Rogers' oeuvre, which is far less than most people's I'd imagine. Magic Hour was Wayne and Kate of Crystalized Movements along with Damon and Naomi of Galaxie 500, and "Heads Down" was their first single: one long bliss-out stretched over two sides of a 45, "a personal revision of slo-core cliches" as one guy put it (one of my favorite quotes ever). While this doesn't take very long to heat up, the second side might as well be a locked groove for what good it does; still, if you're into dreamlike hooks beneath heavy, swirling guitars, you'll find some use for this. Check out anything and everything by Major Stars (the band that followed Magic Hour) by the way, it'll be well worth your time.




Magic Hour -

"Heads Down (Part 1)"

"Heads Down (Part 2)"


3 comments:

John H. said...

I've got most of his stuff on mp3 kicking around if you're ever interested in taking a swim into those waters. Just sayin'

Brushback said...

Well, like I said, I've got a ton of Crystalized Movements stuff already. I could use some more Major Stars, though... I just have odd stuff here and there, no full albums or anything.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now inactive.