Thursday, November 5, 2009

See, That's What Satan Does To You

click for enlarged view

There were a lot of sucky fuckin' bands in the late 80's/early 90's with names like God Bullies and Reverb Motherfuckers, all writing songs called "Stinkhole" and what not, so seeing the name God and Texas "1066" on this record didn't do anything more than make me think "here's another clone noise band" (plus it's on Rave, one of the more thickheaded labels of that era). Turns out "1066" sounds sorta like if you took "Metal Circus" and mixed it with "Hardcore '81" while borrowing Phantom Tollbooth's drummer, which isn't all that bad, really. Not exactly enough to get me to buy any more God and Texas records after that (I've heard that they got a bit more poppier down the road, but I couldn't tell you), but, you know, I get busy sometimes. I can't keep track of every friggin' band out there, jeesus.

Pain Teens contribute one of their usual fucked-up efforts on the flip; the pressing for this 7" is kinda crappy, which affects the overall sound a bit. Another red-colored sleeve, Blogger doesn't like those very much either.


click for enlarged view

God and Texas -

"1066"

Pain Teens -

"Bondage"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I have this somewhere. I think 1066 was included on the CD version of History Vol. 1 along with their first album.

Their first couple of albums are pretty decent I think, but yeah...they kinda changed after that.

Brushback said...

Hey, nice that you did a write-up on Brava Spectre, by the way.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.

If you click on the listen-only links in the post now, you'll see how the sleeve is actually supposed to look. I don't know why Blogger can't handle the color red.