Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Can Tell That You Want Me To Grow Up



I was listening to the new White Wires album for the first time yesterday-- it's on 45rpm, by the way-- and midway through the first side were two songs that practically jumped right out at me: "Did You Forget My Name" and "I Can Tell", possibly the two best songs they've ever done, both totally great songs and catchy as hell. I don't know if it's because I've got M.O.T.O. on the brain right now or what, but both songs remind me of M.O.T.O. a bit ("Magic Words", "I Can't Stop It", "The Chicks Can Tell", "It Tastes Just Like a Milkshake", stuff like that), especially in the basslines and the guitar sound. Definitely one of the finest back-to-back one-two punches I've heard on an album lately, so I figured I'd put them up here. If you're hedging on whether or not to buy this record (it just came out about a month and a half ago), check these out. The LP comes with a download card but these are my own vinyl rips, because otherwise what's the point?




White Wires -

"Did You Forget My Name"

"I Can Tell"





2 comments:

jeffen said...

Holy Hell that kills. The province of Ontario has been on a roll this last couple of years.
Thanks.

Brushback said...

Yeah,Ottawa's getting it done.

You're in B.C., right? I forget.