Saturday, November 15, 2008

Don't Say You Know 'Cuz I Don't Think You Do



Like I said back in the first Death of Samantha post, I used to own something like eight of the first ten St. Valentine singles, so here's one of them. This is a fairly decent jangle-pop record, as far as that stuff goes, although it's a good bet New Salem Witch Hunters consider themselves "garage psych" or something like that. They probably sound like the Leaving Trains, but I wouldn't know because I think the Leaving Trains were one of those bands that Byron Coley or some other hippie was always trying to convince people were really "rockin'" but in reality stunk pretty bad, so I never bothered listening to them.

I can't tell what the noise is that the singer makes with his mouth at the end of "Falling", but it's pretty funny. The b-side is a Dylan cover and not the Prince song, sorry to get your hopes up.


click for enlarged view

New Salem Witch Hunters -

"Falling"

(this file is now listen-only)


6 comments:

ib said...

"Garage Psych" ? No doubt.

Actually I rather like this. The intro and shouts on the chorus are very reminiscent of the Groovies' "Shake Some Action".

Brushback said...

The chords on the intro reminded me of Tommy Tutone! "867-5309"....

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original file.

Stathis said...

Hello,

can you, please, send me the files for this 7"?

Best Regards

Efstathiou Stathis
metallsta@yahoo.gr

Brushback said...

I sent it out last night, let me know if you didn't get it.

Stathis said...

I have received it.
Thank you very much