Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Be Forgotten Doesn't Really Matter To You



I doubt that anyone remembers this now, but back in the '90s some joker came up with the term "retro punk" to describe bands like Dimestore Halos, Spent Idols, Sonic Dolls, and whatever crappy band George Tabb happened to be in at the moment. The Stiffs were one of those bands, before they changed their name to Stiffs, Inc. and turned goth or something... I sorta lost track after that. "Blown Away Baby", The Stiffs' second single, certainly has its moments-- I like the part where the guy says something that sounds like "put out that damn cigarette"-- and you can tell from the b-side that the drummer is pretty good, but when I listen to "Work Work Work" now it sorta sounds like Tyler Trudeau singing for Chronic Disorder, so flip a coin I guess. I would've thought that I bought this single from Jim Budds, but there's a Vital mailorder list inside of it so obviously I didn't.




The Stiffs -

"Blown Away Baby"

"Work, Work, Work"











3 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you. I own this record but don't think I've ever played it more than once. I quite like Blown Away Baby for much the same reason.

Brushback said...

Yeah, this is an okay single.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now inactive.