Saturday, March 20, 2010

I've Watched The Times Look Bad Now For Way Too Long

click for enlarged view

The Soviettes have been one of my favorite bands for the past 5 or 6 years now-- starting right before they broke up, you'll notice-- and the good news is that there's a Soviettes "Rarities" LP of early singles and EP tracks coming out in April which you can download for free right now from Red Sound (http://redsoundrecords.net/). The Havenot's/Soviettes split is part of the collection, so I figured now wouldn't be a bad time to rip the original 7" and post it here.

As much as I love The Soviettes, they get blown out of the water by The Havenot's on this split. The two Havenot's tracks here are seriously some of the best recordings in the history of rock and roll. I wish I had more of their stuff-- apparently there's an LP and a couple of EPs out there-- but this will have to do for now.


click for enlarged view

The Havenot's -

"The Boys Back to Street"

"Sick Boy"

The Soviettes -

"30 Min or Less"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

3 comments:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Cool...thx, my girls (Soviettes from my home town)came to visit me one Christmas eve in my year in LA away from home so I bought 'em some drinks at the bar, then they blew my ears out with an incredible show at the Anarchy Library in 2002 THanks for hoistin' this one up there..will have to keep you around in the favorites for that now you know!

Brushback said...

Never got to see The Soviettes though I'm sure they played CT at least once... woulda been pretty cool, I'm sure...

I've got at least one other Soviettes 7" to get around to ripping...

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. They've been moved to my Vox page (accessible through any of the above listen-only links), along with the other Soviettes song from the record which wasn't included in the original post.

For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.