Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Disillusionment Keeps Me In My Place



I've mentioned the story of how I bought this record enough times already that maybe it's about time I actually posted it. You could argue with "Not Listening" that Snuff, like a lot of other bands besides them, delivered their all-time best song right off the bat, so needless to say I was pretty psyched for punk rock after I bought this.

If you've never heard Snuff before-- okay, so it's possible-- think of Leatherface, or Pegboy if they had a decent singer, although most likely you wouldn't have heard of any of them, either. Put another way, the runout groove to this 45 reads, "We may be poor but we're fuckin' loud", and I guess dat is all the people need to know. Heck, that's even better than "The Boise dork will die in Idaho", which I forgot to mention is on the Treepeople 7". My apologies for not staying on top of these things, but I can't do everything around here, y'know.




Snuff -

"Not Listening"

"Dead & Buried"

"Thats Enough"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

8 comments:

Chris said...

I like all the bands mentioned in this post. I'm undecided om my favourite Snuff album though I've probably listened to "Numb Nuts" the most.

Brushback said...

I liked "Snuff Said" the most, though I found their albums to be mostly uneven so I haven't really listened to every one of them.

jeremiahcalledcrazy said...

I saw Snuff at the Webster a long time ago. After the show I was sitting outside on the sidewalk waiting for someone to come pick me up and a member of the band walked across the street and took my picture without saying a word. It was weird.

Brushback said...

Maybe your picture's on a Snuff record sleeve somewhere, and you don't even know it!

luciferyellow said...

I think there is no arguing, Snuff Said is their best ;-) But I had the same experience as you, I thought the other albums (at least as far as I followed them) weren't up to par with this one, so I did not really give them a fair choice to maybe grow on me.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.

Anonymous said...

love this 7inch - still got it. and an album that rocks ok.
thnx for posting
GV

Martin von Bargen said...

Saw Snuff opening for Youth of Today in Liverpool's Planet X in 1989. Had no idea what to expect, but was well impressed with the stripped down punk/hardcore tunes. Add a great sense of humour to the well crafted songs and you were always on to a winner at Snuff gigs. Thanks for posting!