Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Need But A Little



I'm pretty sure the main reason why I got this Doo Rag single in the first place was because Jay Hinman used to talk them up big in Superdope-- I think there was even a photo of them on the cover once, with the big plastic spiral tube that Bob Log used to sing through... a great single, though I didn't bother hunting down any other Doo Rag stuff afterwards, which means I'm not very smart sometimes. When I listen to "Grease & All", I can't imagine how you would even begin to play like that (yes, that's a locked groove at the end of it). I wasn't born with the best vocabulary for describing this kind of scratchy blues stuff, but safe to say if you likes your Feedtime and your Bassholes and your Get Haunted and so forth, you'll probably like this. Or "Toys in the Attic" or old AC/DC.




Doo Rag -

"Hussy Bowler"

"Grease & All"


3 comments:

slovenlyeric said...

Remember this one fondly. Doo Rag were very messed up. At the time I really felt they were the only group with this sound.

I did get a bunch of their stuff at the time. Including a 12" and I think a C.D. To be honest it was the 7"s that I played the most. Swamp Water Mop Down and this one.

Thank you for posting this.

Brushback said...

You're welcome - I actually think now that I might have a Doo Rag CD laying around somewhere, but I'm not sure...

Holly said...

Thank you for ripping this. I love this 7"!

They put on a great show...