Monday, January 25, 2010

The World Is Big Enough To Look After Itself

click for enlarged view

I've held off posting this record for a while because, honestly, I've forgotten most of the tiny details about it. I know that Aargh! Records was Piewackit's label (I might even have a Piewackit single laying around here, if I could ever find it), and I know I ran into the guy who put this record out at Brass City Records a couple of times, but that's about it. I'm a little bit fuzzy on L-R Duo, too; they're accordian and koto (koto being a traditional Japanese stringed instrument), meaning don't expect to hear the kind of stuff that I normally post here, and I know that one of them went to Wesleyan so I'm tagging them as a Ct. band even though it might not be completely true.

These are facts: White is from Madison, Wisconsin, and if you're a fan of noise-rock stuff like Twin Stumps or whatever, "Eat The World" is some of the most fucked-up shit you'll ever hear.


click for enlarged view

White -

"Eat The World"

L-R Duo -

"Arbutus Dog"

"Indian Hill"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

3 comments:

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.

Not Ian said...

Hi, is there any chance you could please re-upload these files? This record sounds interesting, and I'd like to hear it. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Brushback said...

Re-ups are kind of annoying (because the people never come back to listen to the songs again), but if you leave your e-mail address I can send you the mp3's that way.