Friday, January 29, 2010

I've Been Against It

click for enlarged view

House of Large Sizes-- named after a big-and-tall shop, I think-- weren't really a band that I paid a lot of attention to, though their take on math-y, non-traditional rock could be good at times (namely, there's a split with Treepeople that I wouldn't mind having, if anyone's got a copy). As for this particular single, the a-side sounds a bit like Breadwinner, but at nearly 5-1/2 minutes long doesn't know when to quit; bands need to be making their songs shorter, that's all I'm sayin'. On the b-side, though, HoSL ramp up the "Too Fast For Love" and come up with something that's way more rocking. You could learn to like it, just like I did.



click for enlarged view


House of Large Sizes -

(this file is now listen-only)

"Two-Liter Man"


click for enlarged view

1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. It's now being hosted on my Vox page (which accessible through any of the above listen-only links), along with the other song on the record, "I'm My Own Grandpa", which wasn't included in the original post.

For those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.