Thursday, April 1, 2010

Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk

click for full sleeve

This Ty Segall/Mikal Cronin tape is the best thing I've heard this week, besides maybe the Raw Nerve LP... Mikal Cronin is from Charlie and the Moonhearts, and this stuff is a lot closer to Charlie and the Moonhearts (meaning it's much more blown-out) than than any of Ty Segall's solo stuff, which is all pretty good by itself anyway... yes, that's a Pink Floyd cover, but I'm not holding it against them... this is some seriously ass-waxing, head-bludgeoning shit, the kind that Telephone Explosion has been making a killing with lately, yet it's on Burger Records, home of superlative pop stuff like King Tuff, Fever B, Cleaners from Venus, and Garbo's Daughter... you should maybe grab a copy from Burger for yourself (burgerrecords.webs.com), they're only six bucks and they're fairly pro, or you can probably still get the LP version (which came out a couple of months earlier) from Kill Shaman... who knows, if you buy the LP you might even get the correct b-side...




Ty Segall & Mikal Cronin -

"I Wear Black"

"Doctor Doctor"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view

4 comments:

Vegas said...

JeeeZ! this rocks!!!

Brushback said...

Yeah, I love this tape... also pretty much everything I've heard by Charlie and the Moonhearts, too.

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. They are now being hosted on my Vox page (which is accessible through any of the above listen-only links), along with most of the other songs from the cassette.... except for the b-side, "Reverse Shark Attack", which was missing from the tape that I got from Burger. That, I had to download from some other clown's blog on the internet. I wasn't kidding when I said my copy was fucked up!

Brushback said...

Also, if anyone has an extra copy of the TY/MC 7" that they're willing to sell...