Sunday, August 26, 2012

I've Got Tons Of Shit To Do Today



It's been a while since I've given this one a listen, but this Thumbs record has been one of my favorite '90s pop-punk 7"-ers since the day I got it, and even now-- 15 years later-- I still think it sounds pretty hot. Fast, hooky stuff from start to finish, plus I love the tempo change in "Cooperative"... if you've never heard The Thumbs before but you're into bands like Boilerman, The Credentials, and Awful Man, then you might want to give this one a listen. One of the guys from The Thumbs is now in some other band, I could pretend like I know what I'm talking about but I'd rather not.




The Thumbs -

"Pilot Fish"

"Cooperative"

"Homecoming"








2 comments:

Thompson said...

Hey I like those bands you mentioned! I'll check this out. Heard the name, never heard.

Brushback said...

Woah, something I wrote got someone to listen to a record!