Sunday, April 27, 2008

Talking To Walls

click for enlarged view


Describing a band by comparing them to a bunch of tiny little indie bands on tiny little indie labels isn't useful in every situation, so if a stranger were to walk up to me right now and ask, "What do Werewolf Police sound like?", I'd probably just say, "Like an underdeveloped Neutral Milk Hotel or Guided By Voices," and then walk away while pretending I didn't just describe a million other outfits.

At their show in Hartford last night at the Charter Oak Cultural Center (which is a church, basically), Werewolf Police were handing out homemade copies of their upcoming CD in a stapled-together paper pouch. Most of the songs are available for download on their web page, so I don't think I'm giving away too much of the store by posting my two favorite songs from the CD (which is coming out on tiny S.F. indie label Goodnow Music) here.




Werewolf Police -

"Birds They Chirp"

"Talking to Walls"

(these files are now listen-only)


1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3 file in this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. You can also check out Werewolf Police on MySpace for more cool songs... "Ruin My Night" CD out soon, I think...