Sunday, November 1, 2015

I Hate Reality, But It's Still The Only Place Where I Can Get A Decent Steak

I waited a month for Not Normally Hippies to send me this tape, only to wait another month and a half to finally listen to it. I've only made it through side one so far but only a couple of songs have really hit me; maybe the second side is better. The problem with most compilation tapes is, if you leave the room to go do something else for a few minutes, when you come back you have no idea what song is playing. I kinda like this The Floor Above track, though -- the guitar sound on it is pretty spectacular and they rip off the mosh part from Youth Korps. Maybe in another month and a half I'll listen to the other side, I don't know. I've already bought a bunch of newer records since then and some of them are pretty sweet.



No comments: