Friday, March 20, 2015

We're Pink Floyd, Bitch

My record-buying patterns tend to have peaks and valleys, sometimes leaving me with crates of records that I bought 5 or 6 years earlier without ever listening to them all that much or even paying attention to how big the pile was getting (like, I somehow managed to end up with three or four Purling Hiss LPs, what the fuck). Psychedelic Horseshit are one of those bands with multiple records in the crate, almost never to be taken out unless it's to post a picture on Tumblr or something (inside joke, ignore it). I mean, their shit's sorta cool in theory -- "Poor Fidelity Mixed With In-Jokes" was always my go-to bin at Record Town, and putting "New Wave Hippies" on an album being released by Siltbreeze is about as funny as it gets -- but in a lot of ways their shit's kinda flimsy, too. Maybe I kept buying their records because I was hoping one of 'em would stick, I dunno. I did that with Pavement back in the '90s, and look what happened: they suck now. (Actually, that's not true, I've never bought a Pavement record.) Maybe I'm holding onto them because I'm hoping for a massive lo-fi revival soon, and I'm gonna be on the ground floor of that thing, you bet, or as soon as the Youth Crew revival is over, at least. Maybe Box Elders will become cool again. Or maybe there's no point to this I'm just rambling to fill space. Hey, go read Paste or that jerk who writes reviews for Tiny Mix Tapes, why don't you? Stop bugging me. The fuck.



Psychedelic Horseshit -

"We're Pink Floyd, Bitch"

"Dreadlock Paranoia"


No comments: