Monday, July 5, 2010

Let's Get Hurt



I'm sure their records are already pretty easy to find on the internet, but I own a bunch of Teengenerate stuff so I figured why not rip one of them... Every record of theirs I've ever heard scorches all the way through-- total fuzzed-out Bass-O-Matic garage psych/power thrash, but Teengenerate knew their way around a rock 'n' roll hook, too, which is best documented (I think) on their EP of all The Kids covers... I'd post the review I wrote of "Get Action!" in an old issue of Brushback ("what a great idea to re-write 'Take 'em Up' about a half-dozen times now that no one will remember it anyway"), except that I don't feel like explaining the postage stamp joke... Trust me when I say that the Queers cover seemed reasonable back when they first recorded it, even though you'd have to be an idiot to buy anything that the Queers are putting out now.




Teengenerate -

"Mess Me Up"

"1979"

"Let's Get Hurt"

"Right Now"

"She's So Fine"

"Something You Got"

"Don't Leave Me"


3 comments:

Wingate Wolf said...

love that "overmodulated boombox recording" sound pioneered by these guys (and later Guitar Wolf).

Ironically, Angela's iPod was cranking TeenGen at larry's on Monday night.

Brushback said...

Yeah, Teengenerate makes a great soundtrack for off-night drinking.

Brushback said...

The mp3s on this post are now inactive.