Monday, July 13, 2009

What If I Don't Know

click for enlarged view

This single gives me a boner, even if it took the lab' a month after they banked my dough to put it in the mail to me (not that I'm bitching too much, plus it isn't even half the bummer that Siltbreeze is putting on me right now). Anyway, pretty much everything I own by these guys is astounding-- some Italian single that's a ripper in its own right, as well as a split LP with Teen Anger on ye mighty Telephone Explosion-- but what's it now, July? This one's got single of the half-year potential written all over it. I mean, this isn't your usual lo-fi donk that you've come to expect; the guitars roar like friggin' diesel trains, instead of plinking like banjos, and the drums could punch holes in your speakers. "Obliteration" has a great power-pop vocal hook, too, almost like The Move or Mersey Beat or something. Check out the song here, and then get on this shit sorta quickly (500 pressed, so they've probably still got one on hold for you).




Charlie and the Moonhearts -

"Obliteration"

(this file is now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. Go buy this record, I think it's still available from Tic Tac Totally... literally my favorite 7-inch from this year.