Friday, June 27, 2008

I Hate Your Fucking Mess

click for enlarged view

In their time the New Bomb Turks churned the earth better than any band alive, so it's funny to hear them cover the Anti-Nowhere League, one of the worst punk bands ever.

With all due respect to Scandinavian death metal, the Entombed song is almost five minutes long and really drags. Jeezus fuck, guys-- Minor Threat, ever hear of them?


click for enlarged view

New Bomb Turks -

"I Hate People"

(this file is now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

5 comments:

ib said...

Nice cover, though. Kinda (very) "Gravest Hits". The label is a thing of beauty! Shame the content doesn't follow through. Anti-Nowhere League were truly awful, but disturbingly popular ; Oi! Oi!

Brushback said...

Well, I'm glad someone backed me up on the "ANWL sucks" thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Nato from Used Kids. What I'm wondering is: is there a chance that Night of the Vampire might be the Roky Erikson song of the same title? Anyway, I like your blog here a lot, I'll be readin'.

Brushback said...

Yes, "Night of The Vampire" is the Roky Erickson song.

I'm not sure Entombed did right by the song, but I ripped it anyway just in case someone asked about it, so here it is:

Entombed, "Night of The Vampire"

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. Also, the Entombed link in the comment right above this one will now be dead, though no one downloaded from it anyway.

For those to the party late, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original file.

Here's the listen-only file for the Entombed song:

The Entombed, "Night of The Vampire"