Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Used To Tell The Truth But Now I Don't

click for enlarged view

Paul Caporino writes catchy tunes like Kellogg's makes Corn Flakes.

I have a couple of very early M.O.T.O. tapes that I'll be posting shortly, plus Paul's got a few of 'em for sale as CD-R's on www.motorock.com (as well as "Turn Your Head and Cough" on Italian vinyl! Nifty!). For now, here's something relatively new-- a split release from a couple of Swedish labels, and hopefully out of print by now, too. It's yet another one of those records that's 33 rpm but mislabeled as 45. Those goddamned Swedish. Swedish!

I dare you to listen to "Blast of Silence" without getting it stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Unless you're Lenny Dykstra or something, then you don't count.


click for enlarged view

M.O.T.O. -

"Blast of Silence"

"I Used To Tell The Truth But Now I Don't"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view

4 comments:

Jay said...

Not out of print. Still available from the labels at:
http://www.radioobligato.com/records.aspx
http://www.savagemagazine.com/savage-records.aspx

Brushback said...

Oops! I did check both those web sites first to see if the record was still available, but I didn't find it listed so I figured they were getting scarce.

Paul had a few copies with him to sell when M.O.T.O. played in CT last week, also.

Jay said...

I think it's all right to post it. Hopefully peoples who hear it here will buy a copy.

Stateside, it's worth an email to Paul to see if he's got copies on hand: MOTOSPAM[a]yahoo.com

Brushback said...

I've mad the mp3 files on this post into listen-only (non-downloadable) files. You can probably contact any of the links listed in the above comments for a copy of the record.