Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nobody Ever Earns My Trust


I've got three or four other Nerve City records besides this one (which I don't actually have on vinyl yet, since the average LP from Canada is like, what, $35ppd these days or something) and I like them all a lot, although the first couple of times I listened to "Asleep on The Tracks" last year it kinda just went right by and didn't grab me at all. It took a few months for me to go back and revisit it again, to where I've been listening to it almost constantly in the car over the past couple of weeks. Some of the songs are still too slow and light to really grab my interest, but everything else is pretty cool, including the shorter ones like "Old Dominion" and "Taper Off" which use a neat slide guitar/Duane Eddy-twangy type effect as a counterpoint to the hook in the chorus. I'm at the point now where I'd actually place "Asleep on The Tracks" on my best-of 2013 list if I were going to go back and revise it (which I'm not, best-of lists are just a bunch of jerking-off anyway). Remember when this blog actually used to be good? Yeah, those were the day.



No comments: