Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You Are Not Part Of Me



I don't know if you've seen the vinyl pressing of the Vaccine demo that came out last year: it's a one-sided 7" that has X I'LL NEVER BREAK screened right onto the vinyl, and that (along with their t-shirts, which look like the Wishingwell guy standing in front of a big X) makes it one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I finally got to check out Vaccine this weekend, after waiting since sometime last year; a couple of their Connecticut shows earlier in the year got wiped out, and I think there might've been a show at the end of '09 with American Cheeseburger that I blew off because of the weather or traffic on 91 or something. I still don't know if I got the full effect from their set at Whitney House on Sunday because, honestly, I couldn't really hear the vocals, but other than that, it only took Vaccine about 10 minutes to play fifteen 25-second songs which easily could've rubbed your face off.




These songs aren't from the demo 7", though -- they're from a new 10-song 7" that just came out on Painkiller Records. But don't buy these records just because the packaging is cool, buy them because the music is totally abusive and intolerant. No sense fucking around.


Vaccine -

"Rotting Away"

"Fuck Your Faith"

"Waste"








1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3s on this post are now inactive.