Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here I Come Acting Dumb

click for enlarged view

I've had a couple of chances to catch up on Straight To VHS, including when I saw them in January, but so far they're not sinking in with me. I dunno, maybe their songs just don't seem unconventional enough, plus I don't like what the drummer is doing half the time. It must just be me, though, because at least three CT blogs have taken a tumble for these guys in recent weeks, so I guess that leaves me the odd one out again. Cosmodemonic Telegraph is an awesome label, though, plus one of the guys from Conversion Party Goose Shit what's-their-fuck sang on and produced this thing, so I figured I'd throw a track out there for the rest of you guys to listen to, and see what happens. Hey, it's rock, right? I should be goddamn grateful that someone from Connecticut picked up a guitar when they decided to start a band, instead of becoming another one of those annoying Mates of State pieces of shit, or whatever.


click for enlarged view

Straight To VHS -

(this file is now listen-only)

"It's Fun"


click for enlarged view

2 comments:

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. Go to the Cosmodemonic Telegraph web site and buy the CD, it's only like 5 bucks or something!

John McClane said...

Thanks for the honesty and the links. The thing I like most about Straight to VHS is the drive. The songs (particularly, It's Fun and Hey!) are catchy but not annoying like a lot of pop songs. It's like chinese food - I hear it, and the next day I want to hear it again. It's hard to describe I guess, but the drummer and bass player have a very loose rhythm. Right when they think they are falling apart it comes back again. It's real and not over practiced like other shit out there. Thanks again.