Sunday, February 21, 2010

There's Bad Things Soaked Into The Wood

click for enlarged view

Last night's show at Cafe Nine was practically as crowded as any show I've ever seen there, at least as far as a mostly-locals bill, plus it started early. I got there at my usual 10 o'clock only to find out that I'd already missed one band, which was no big deal since I really only wanted to see Get Haunted anyway. And, Get Haunted were great; not as holy-friggin-backflips great as when I first saw them three weeks ago (though, generally, expectations tend to wear down my opinion any time I see a band a second time), but something that was still well worth leaving the house for three hours just to see.

It could be that the Cafe Nine stage was a bit small for Joey to do much moving around on, but then the stage at The Oasis is pretty small, too (what do those two things have to do with each other? I'm not sure I really know). Also, Kevin had to use a borrowed amp and as a result ended up being way louder than the rest of the band, but by the time they were done playing I was starting to like it that way. Make no mistake, though, Get Haunted stand apart from almost everything else that I'm listening to right now-- sorta happenstance bluegrass/mountain gospel, but uneven and hard enough where you could take it as rock if you wanted to. I'm going to post a few older tracks here (a new album might be coming out next month), which I hope the band doesn't mind me passing around; there's something captured in these demos that's cool and different, and I think more people should get the chance hear them.


Get Haunted -

(these files are now listen-only)

"Bell Witch"

"1000's of Devils"

"Black Lodge"


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view

1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files.

New Get Haunted songs and new releases are on the way, check out their blog site for details...

gethauntedmusic

~