Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No Longer In My World

click for enlarged view

Another brilliant minimalist Blackbean and Placenta Tape Club packaging job on this one, with a couple of glossy mag photos pasted to the front-- each sleeve had different photos, from what I've seen-- and barely a handwritten "45" or "33" on the label to differentiate between the two sides (each side plays at a different speed, naturally). The sleeve on my copy got a little messed up from being stapled to the wall at Brass City Records, but when you're an international pop star like Jim Rao, that's what happens: your records go right up on the wall next to the butcher cover and the collectible Venom shaped pic discs.

Tricycle Popstar is a Japanese guy living in Australia, if I remember correctly from the Four Letter Words comp, and if you own that comp then you can trust me that the song I'm posting here is even better than "No Skin Off My Ass". Really, no higher praise exists.


click for enlarged view

Orange Cake Mix -

"Sunday Kind of Girl"

Tricycle Popstar -

"Peach Boys Bed Sounds"

(these files are now listen-only)


click for enlarged view


click for enlarged view

1 comment:

Brushback said...

The mp3 files on this post are now listen-only (non-downloadable) files. TOUGH LUCK, TWINKLETOES! No, actually, for those of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original files.