Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Can't See Shit

click for enlarged view

By 1991, Scat Records, and Prisonshake in particular, were in some sort of groove-- and while this single isn't on Scat but instead on a far inferior and vastly fucked-up label (SFTRI), somewhat lessening its desirability, it's still a damn good piece of vinyl. So much so that I actually own it in three different colors, even though I'm nowhere near being an obsessive completist-- although I will buy just about any record with Prisonshake's name on it (except that Shredder comp that has Bracket and NOFX on it-- who the fuck would want that?). Half of the time when I'm out buying records I forget which ones I already own, or are scratched or missing sleeves, and so I end up buying extra copies anyway. Yeah, pretty dumb, I know.


As you can probably already guess by now, you'll be seeing a lot of Prisonshake posted on this site as I go along, since they're one of the best what-the-fuck rock bands of the past 20-something years or so... unless I get a nasty letter or something, or one of my 7-inch boxes falls off the back of a truck again... which did sorta already happen once, so don't laugh. That's the main reason why every so often I'm out scouring the used vinyl bins, looking to buy some more records that I already own.

click for enlarged view

Prisonshake -

"Someone Else's Car"

(this file is now listen-only)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this band. Can't get a handle on their sound based on the tracks you posted... One track reminded me a straight forward US MAPLE... ?... This one's as gaunt as a bombed turk.

Brushback said...

d00d, Prisonshake is the shit.

Anonymous said...

yep, this is the one I got at Brass City..it still has the staple holes in the mylar sleeve from being gunned to the plywood. What a totally underrated group of miscreants.
-Sean / Wires In The Walls

Brushback said...

Yeah, two of the three copies I own of this single came from Brass City Records (the other one I bought direct from Scat)-- so I know what you mean about the staples through the baggie..

Brushback said...

The mp3 file on this post is now a listen-only (non-downloadable) file. For of you who missed the boat, I will do my best to respond to any e-mailed requests for the original file.