Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm Stupid Anyway



Three best American punk bands: Crime, Pagans, Weirdos, though not necessarily in that order... I was never lucky enough to actually own any Crime records, but I ended up being just lucky enough to find "Piss On Your Turntable", a bootleg CD that collects just about every piece of Crime vinyl in one place. A good chunk of the CD is the "San Francisco's Doomed" LP, a semi-legit release from about 20 years ago, half of which was a studio demo recorded in early '78, the other half being a rehearsal recording from '79. The '78 stuff fucking rips-- heavy drums and loud guitars all over the place, just a classic piece of rock... there's also a 12-page booklet of lyrics and stuff, but I'm not gonna scan the whole thing because nobody ever reads that shit... anyway, here's a couple of tracks from the '78 recording, plus the whole thing all at once, which I'll take down sooner than eventually...

Crime -





For a short time, here's a .zip file with all 11 tracks from the '78 recording:

Crime - San Francisco's Doomed (1978 demo)














3 comments:

Holly said...

Nice. I'm a Pagans gal myself. But there's no denying the Weirdos, either!

Brushback said...

I'd probably put Pagans at number 1, also...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Crime, 'Piss on your dog'. Thanks VV